Monday, October 12

Hip to be Square Blog Hop

Welcome to another Gina K. Designs Blog Hop!! Tonight we are showcasing Hip to be Square designed by Melanie Muenchinger. I have created 3 cards to show you tonight. Let's get started.

You're a Star : I started my card with a piece of Pacific Point CS. I stamped the big square, then I cut 1 1/2 square on White CS and sponged them with Memento Tangelo Ink. Next I stamped the 1 1/4 square border image onto Bashful Blue with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink, then I stamped stars randomly using Memento Desert Sand Ink. I zig zag stitched both pieces. I cut a couples of stars using my Cricut machine, onto the Pacific Point CS I stamped the Star Image using White Craft Ink, after that I took my White Uniball Pen and I made little lines. On the center I added a White Pearl.
Inside Card: I stamped the sentiment "You're a Star" using Memento Tangelo Ink, I sponged the borders with the same ink color and also added some stamped stars at the bottom.



Card Recipe:
Card Stock: Pacific Point, White, Bashful Blue.
Ink:
Memento Desert Sand, Tangelo and Rich Cocoa
Embellishments: White Satin Ribbon (Offray), White Pearl (Kaiser Crafts).
Accessories: Sewing machine, white thread, Cricut Machine, Sponges, stamp-a-ma-jig, Dimensionals
.


Very Merry Ornament/Gift Tag: First I created this as an ornament, but then I realized it could perfectly work as a Gift Tag too. I started with a piece of Pure Luxury All Spruced Up CS, using my Colluzle I cut a 3 1/2 circle diameter, then using one smaller size I cut a piece of Vintage Holly Digital Paper by Emily Giovanni. Then I stamped the cute snowman face using Stazon Black Ink, for the nose I used Memento Tangelo Ink and for the hat Rich Cocoa Ink as well for the sentiment. On top, I made a bow with the new Pure Luxury White Organdy Ribbon and finally as a hanger I used a piece of Pure Luxury Gold Cording.
Inside it has a piece of blank Pure Luxury White CS.

Card Recipe:

Card Stock: Pure Luxury All Spruced Up and White CS.
Paper: Vintage Holly Digital Paper by Emily Giovanni.
Ink: Memento Tangelo, Rich Cocoa Ink, Stazon Black.
Embellishments: Pure Luxury White Organdy Ribbon and Pure Luxury Gold Cording.

Hello baby! : I have a friend who is expecting and she doesn't know the sex of her baby yet, I hope it is a girl, this would be perfect for her! Anyway, I started my bib card with a piece of Pure Luxury Rocket Red CS (I cut the bib shape using a Coluzzle Cutting System). I added a piece of DP from SU and then I added some stitches around. I stamped the sentiment in Real Red Ink onto Pure Luxury White CS, then I added a piece of Pure Luxury Rocket Red and using my mini scallop scissors I cut around the oval. As a final touch I added some of the new Red Dot Holiday Ribbon and a couple of the new red buttons from Holiday Button Collection. Using my big scallop scissors I cut around the bib and added some Liquid Pearls.
Inside the card I added a piece of Pure Luxury White CS and keep it blank.
Card Recipe:
Card Stock: Pure Luxury Rocket red and White.
Paper: SU
Ink: Real Red.
Embellishments: Red Dot Ribbon from Holiday Collection, Red Buttons from Holiday Button Collection.
Accessories: Sewing machine, white thread, Dimensionals, Mini glue dots, Mini scallop scissors, Big scallop scissors.

I hope you like my creations. It was a lot of fun working with Melanie's new set.

Now, for even more ideas with Melanie Muenchinger's Hip to be Square stamp set, visit her blog link below as well as the GinaK Idea Center here: Hip to Square. Melanie's tip sheet has been added to the Idea Center as a PDF so you can print out her tips and suggestions for a handy reference tool!
Here's all the Designer's Blog Links to check out tonight:

September's Center Stage Spotlight Team:

Giovana Smith
Kay Simmons
Linda Payne

and finally, Melanie's Guest Designer for Hip to be Square:

Karen Knegten

and Special guests:

Tina Gilliland

22 comments:

  1. These are all beautiful. I love the bib.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous, Giovana! What great ideas! I think the bib is my favorite. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome job---love all your amazing creations! I cannot even pick a favorite--they are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh how gorgeous!!!! I especially love that sweet bib card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all great cards. Love the bib card.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice and soft is the Hip to Be Square card. The bib is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some wonderful creations that you have posted for us all! I adore that baby bib!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Giovana, these are absolutely gorgeous. I esp love the baby card. I have to learn how to stitch on a curve like that :-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. The baby card is the cutest I've seen! What a lucky person to receive it. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What awesome creations! I really love that bib too, just too stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Giovana! Your creations are awesome! Very cute and clever ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wowee!! I love these! that star design is AWESOME , what a great boy or teen card, so fresh!, and love the stitching idea on it! that little round ornament card is so cute!
    and that BIB is the ctest bid design is the prettiest I've seen, i lvoe the red and white!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful creations...love the snowmen ornament...Bib card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you've been busy. They're all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Giovana - you really outdid yourself with Melanie's stamp set! I LOVE all the ideas you've shared with us ... you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW these cards are super sweet! I love the stars one and the bib is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards Giovana!! LOVE that little Bib card!! Might have to try one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow all of them are truly fabulous, love that bib card so cute and very creative!!

    ReplyDelete