Saturday, April 17

Challenge cards! and a serious conversation.

Hello my friends and happy Saturday! Today it was a busy day, but great at the same time. My daughter had a soccer game this afternoon and she and her team had a great game (even though her team didn't win). The funny thing is I was sitting on the ground cheering up the team and a little boy was talking to me. He told me he liked his team and his school teacher
So, our conversation went like this:

Me: So, what's your teacher name?
Dylan: Teacher.
Me: Ok,... she must have a name, right?
Dylan: Shis name is teacher of the kids! (He said Shis, :)
Me: Great! You must love her a lot.
Dylan: My teacher is good :)

I smiled, looked at him and said, you are funny. He saw me taking pictures, so he wanted a picture too and I did. Then, he told he wanted to go into the field and play because Rebecca was there, PLOP! I think he didn't know Becca's is my daughter. He whispered to me and said, She is nice!! After the game, we had a potluck and he just wanted to be with Becca, he sat next to her and played to her in the playground, even when he left, he told Becca, "I am leaving, Bye Becca" I was surprised!! Aren't kids sweet, well, it's sweet now they are little, LOL.

Becca and Dylan eating together :)

Anyway, I have 2 cards for you today.
My first card is for 2Sketches 4 You Sketch Challenge. I made this card for my good friend from church whose birthday was last Wednesday. She loves handmade things and I hope she likes my card.
I included a lot of stitching in this card; straight stitches fort he borders and zig zag for the ribbon area.
The flowers are from Spring Florals Set (Gina K. Designs) and they were colored with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS. The sentiment is from Inside & Out Set (Gina K. Designs)

Card recipe:
Card Stock: White, Chocolate Brown (Gina K. Designed)
Paper: Out & About (My Mind's Eye)
Stamps: Inside & Out, Spring Florals (Gina K. Designs)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko), Stazon Black (Tsukineko), Ginger (Ranger)
Embellishments: Satin White (Michael's), Satin Light Blue (Offray), Pearls (Michael's).
Accessories: Sewing machine, white thread, Rectangle Nestabilities, Prismacolor Pencils, OMS, Daubers, Foam Tape.

My second card is for Stampin' Sisters in Christ , this week challenge is to create a card about prayer and/or peace. For this card I used Ministry Mix from smARTworks. I stamped the sentiment in Cranberry Pigment Ink and heat embossed it with Clear embossing powder. I sponged the inside with Pretty in Pink Ink. I also added some straight stitches.



Card Recipe:
Card Stock: Pink Pirouette (SU), Purple ( LSS), White (GP)
Paper: Postcards from paris & Sweet Cherry Pie (Webster's Pages)
Stamps: Ministry Mix (smARTworks)
Ink: Cranberry Pigment Ink (Ranger), Pretty in Pink (SU)
Embellishments: Green Rhinestones (KaiserCraft).
Accessories: Sewing machine, White thread, Circle Nestabilities, Daubers, Clear embossing powder, foam tape.

I am submitting both card also to Lucy's Cards Challenge #9: Stitching.

Hope you like them.
Have a great and blessed day.

6 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous cards!! I love the little story about Dylan and your daughter, Becca! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your cards are lovely! Love your take on the sketch.
    Thanks for playing along with us at 2S4Y
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are both lovely! I especially love the second one! I enjoyed your story too! So sweet! Thanks for joining us at SSCC this week and I hope you can join us again this coming week!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cards! Congratulations on being in the Fab 5 at 2S4Y!

    ReplyDelete