I tried the foil technique, I read about it the other day over at the Mixed Media Challenge forum at Splitcoaststampers, it's a very fun technique.
Here are few details:
- Die-cut snowflakes from chipboard or glue together 2 pieces of thick cardstock.
- Add snowflakes to canvas, cover them with Mod Podge, then add the aluminum foil, you can crumble it up or add it flat.
- With the help of a stylus, go around the snowflakes to define the edges.
- Add paints, any color you want, then wipe out paints from the areas you want. Let it dry.
- I added gold, red and green metallic paints, removed most of the paints from the snowflakes, added microfine glitter to the snowflakes. Add pearls.
- Die-cut a stitched label piece from chipboard, covered it with gesso and stemp the sentiment in Jet Black Archival.
- Add to canvas with a hemp bow and white snowflakes.
Hope you like it!
Have a fantastic day!