Monday, July 9

Gina K. Designs Inspiration Blog Hop: Grand Tags & Pretty Patterns



The Design Team for Gina K. Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop!!! Gina and the Design Team will inspire you with many beautiful ideas! And as you hop through their blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because we will choose a few random comments and those stampers will each win a grab bag of deeply etched, pre-cut Gina K. Designs stamps! To see the full list of winners check the Big News forum at Stamp TV a couple of days after the hops!!

Grand Tags: This beautiful sets designed by Tami Mayberry is perfect to create cards to grandma or grandpa! I don't own Labels 22 (yet), so I decided to play with a different Labels Die to create my card :)

Directions:
  • Make card base from Ivory Cardstock (5" square)
  • Mat Innocent Pink Cardstock and Patterned paper. Add zig-zag stitches and tie on ribbon. Create a double bow with the bow-easy, add brad and add to card.
  • Stamp label image (x2) on Ivory Cardstock in Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.
  • Die-cut images using Labels 3 Nestabilities Dies. Stamp sentiment in Aged Mahogany.
  • Add Labels to card base.

Card Recipe:
  • Cardstock: Ivory, Innocent Pink (GKD)
  • Paper: Lost & Found 2 (My Mind's Eye)
  • Ink: Worn Lipstick, Aged Mahogany (Ranger)
  • Embellishments: Hand-dye seam binding ribbon, Gold brad (American Crafts)
  • Accessories: Large Pop dots, Scor-tape, Labels 3 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Sewing machine.
==========================

Pretty Patterns: This beautiful set designed by Melanie Muenchinger is fantastic!! I know you already love it, I have created a couple of more cards using the other patterns and I can wait to show them to you, but for now I have a chevron card for you.

Directions:
  • Make card base from White Cardstock.
  • Stamp chevron pattern on White Cardstock in Memento Summer Sky Ink. Mat this piece  with a a slightly bigger piece of Lemon Drop Cardstock.
  • Tie on ribbon.
  • Add Paper flower and button.
  • Stamp sentiment (from Grand Tags) in Black Archival Ink and add it to card.

Card Recipe:
  • Cardstock: White, Lemon Drop (GKD)
  • Ink: Memento Summer Sky (Tsukineko), Black Archival (Ranger)
  • Embellishments: Dandelion Grosgrain Ribbon (GKD), Yellow button, Pink Paper flowers (Prima)
  • Accessories: Scor-tape, Sewing machine.
All the items in bold can be found at Gina K. Designs Store

Check out all the amazing designs and inspiration:
Have fun hopping!!
Thanks for stopping by.

69 comments:

  1. sheer elegance. Love both of your wonderful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love rhe colors and chevron turned, so fresh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what lovely cards! I just love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these cards are great, love the colors and use of the
    stamps. Thank you for sharing,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are lovely, but being a grandparent I am partial to the geandparent card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Lots of work in that first one and the chevron card is so cheerful. Thanks for the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, both cards look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards. I love the chevron on the Happy Birthday card. That would be great for either male or female card. I love the use of multiple elements in the Grandparent card. Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a master! Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that you used different dies then the stamp! turned out great. love all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous G! I just have stitch envy everytime I see your cards! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are really pretty. Thanks for showing a great way to used the set even without owning the labels 22 die set. It is helpful to see they can be used with what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards, love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Giovanna you always have such a delicate and feminine style. These are lovely and very different uses for these sets!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful cards you have! I just Love the Sentiment "A Grandparent is someone with Silver in their hair and Gold in their heart" Just precious! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pinks in your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the nostalgic look of your first card and the bright, cheery look of the 2nd one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty cards! Really love the layers on the first one & that flower that just pops on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty grandparent card and love the chevrons on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both beautiful and feminine cards! Love that you stamped the tag in pink instead of black! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are both so beautiful! Love your take on these sets!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous...love the designs of both your cards. I've developed a real passion for chevrons lately and love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  23. As always, your cards are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The birthday card is so fun and so cheerful. Great job on both.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very elegant. I love the stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful samples! Love the layers

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing cards, I am really falling in love with that Grand Tag stamp set. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  28. pretty in pink and love the vertical chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful Grandmother card and bright and cheery Cheron card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just love both of your cards today! Those chevrons on their side is such a clever application!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgous, cheery cards, Giovana. Great idea to run the chevron vertical.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your color combo on the first card and the fun chevrons on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What beauties you created. I love both of them. I really love both those stamps sets. Thanks for showing such gorgeous works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, your first card is beautiful with all the layers and special touches. The second one is such a cheerful birthday card. It would make anyone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Both cards are very pretty. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great looking card (no silver in my hair!)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really like that grandparent saying!!!!! And the way you put that card together really reminds me of my gram. The second card is simpler but very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I simply love both these cards. The grandparent one is so unusual with the coloring, layering, and stitching. I think I like this one because I have 8 great grandchildren. I love the pink, yellow and blue in the Birthday card also. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful cards. Love the outside the box thinking on the first and the colors of the second.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the elegance of your piano card and the simplicity of the flower design. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the cards - the stitching takes them up a notch. The first card is lovely - using the bow easy is a great idea. The second card - I would totally use that for my niece's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the grandparents card.So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh, my Giovana - you make the most luscious looking cards. They are deeply feminine and PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Such bright and happy cards, love the sewing detail :-)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Stunning! Love all those layers on your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love all the layers of the Grand card. Beautiful papers too. I lkie the vertical chevrons and the pop of color in the flower in the second. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love the colors and layers. Thinking I "need" both these sets.

    ReplyDelete
  48. 2 absolutely beautiful cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love your cards...that pink flower just pops and I love its background!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Gorgeous cards, Giovana! I always love your beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh My! Your Grand Tags card is beautiful! I love it! So soft and romantic!

    Your Pretty Papers card is so sunny and bright! It is definitely a "Pick-me-up" card :o)

    ReplyDelete