Wednesday, March 19

A beautiful Hummingbird

Good morning everyone!! Today, I decided to make at least one card, since last week my desk was alone and my papers and stuff were crying so loud to be used, LOL, so today I make them happy.
Anyway, as my everyday routine I checked out today's sketch challenge on SCS, and it was great. I pick up the paper I wanted to used and started working on my card. Few days ago I received beautiful hummingbird images from Lori (through the Wish RAK Group) this is the SU Spring Song Set and I wanted to give it a try. At first I wanted to use my watercolor crayons, but I didn't have much time ( I have tons of thing to do, but always time for stamping ;) ) so I decided to use colored pencils, it was a lot faster and a lot more precision in my coloring. I don't have the best colored pencils, but this work really good ( just in case they are Sargent Art) I used the following colors: Red, Red-Orange, Orange, Golden Yellow, Yellow, Pink, Peach, Sea Green, Yellow-Green, Dark Green.

For coloring the background I used (believe it or not) Make up (not the one I use) few months ago I watched Martha Stewart Show and they showed how to use the cheap make up in your cards, Awesome idea!!!! so I bought some cheap make up at the dollar store and I use it sometimes in my cards (now you know)

For my card I used Brown and SU River Rock Card stock, Fancy DP Floral Chic, SU Satin Chocolate Chip Ribbon, A couple of brads and a little bit of gold stickles.

I hope you like my card.

No comments:

Post a Comment