Friday, August 16

She is Unique "Mix Media Canvas"

Hello friends!! Hope you are having a great day!! I feel like I haven't blogged in long time, I love to pre-scheduled my posts, especially during release time, sometimes I do the last minute work, but most of the time I have projects done in advance. Anyway, last week my daughter got the stomach flu, I thought she got food poisoning, few days later I got sick, oh boy! Thanks goodness, my husband didn't get sick.

Ok, enough of this. I want to share with you a mix media canvas I made for the "Dare to get Dirty" challenge. I am getting in love with mix media now, it is so much fun, I just follow my heart and create. Don't be afraid to try it.

This is a 6"x8" canvas. The image is Angie Girl by Unity Stamps. I stamped the image on Watercolor paper and colored it with Inktense Pencils, then cut them out. After that I cut out the sun, house and grass from scraps! (save your scraps, they came handy here!!) The sentiment was stamped on Patterned Paper and cut in almost single words.
The background: I started applying gesso to my canvas, then added pieces of PP and Mod Podge, added acrylic paint (blue and green), then I sprayed Taxi Mister Huey's. I added some stamped dots using Grunge Borders from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps in Sepia Archival Ink. Then added the images and cut out pieces and added lines with a black marker.




Hope you like it!!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Your mix media is gorgeous, I knew you would be wonderful with this technique,I've been away and missed so much, so trying to get caught up, your cards are all gorgeous as always my dear, thanks for sharing and have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a pretty and fun canvas project. I haven't tried canvas yet but you are an inspiration to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete