Friday, October 14

With heartfelt sympathy

Hello my friends! Hope you are having a great day, here is gray and rainy and gray and rainy, so you get the picture.
Last week one of my husband's co-workers loss his mom, it is always very painful when you lose somebody you love as a mom. So my husband asked if I had a Sympathy card ready to mail, but I didn't. I don't make sympathy cards, so I made this one.

Directions:
  • Make card from Ivory cardstock.
  • Emboss a piece of Ivory Cardstock, ink all edges. Mat this with a piece of Kraft Cardstock. Add zig-zag stitches. Adhere it to card.
  • Stamp sentiment in Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
  • Tie on ribbon and make a bow.
  • Stamp image onto Ivory Cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black. Color image with Copic Markers. Die-cut, emboss and stencil it with Labels Fourteen Dies.
  • Adhere image to card with Pop Dots.
  • Add Stardust Stickles to flowers.
Card Recipe:
  • Cardstock: Ivory, Kraft (Gina K. Designs)
  • Stamps: Hugs and Prayers (Gina K. Designs)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Vintage Photo Distres, Old Paper Distress (Ranger)
  • Embellsihments: White Ribbon, Stardust Stickles (Ranger)
  • Accessories: Embossing folder, Labels Fourteen dies (Spellbinders), Pop dots, Sponges.
I am submitting this card to:
  1. Touch Twin Markers: Florals
  2. Speedy The Cat's Friends: No Designer Paper.
Hope you like it.
Have a great day!!

PS: Don't forget about the Card Drive for kids "United by Spina Bifida". More than $500.00 in prizes!!

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty and special sympathy card. Great work. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week. We hope to see you again next week. Check out our new design team at SpeedyTV http://mfpspeedytv.ning.com/forum/topics/friends-of-speedytv-challenge-week-2

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely. I think the largest category of cards I make are sympathy cards but I never have any on hand. I'm glad you made this beautiful card to give comfort. Thanks for entering this in Speedy the Cat's challenge. We appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is positively exquisite. I am sure that your husband's co-worker really appreciated the thought and gesture. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Friends "No Designer Paper" challenge this week. Good luck in the Stamp drawing and hope you can play with us again next week.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol MFP-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sympathy card is beautiful Giovana and will be most appreciated by your husband's co-worker. He's so lucky to have a talented wife to turn to when he needs a card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful. I need perhaps some more sympathy cards too in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ccolors and elegant design.

    ReplyDelete