Hello my friends! Welcome to another CSS Alumni Blog Hop, this time some of the CSSA members are joining the "Card Drive for Kids-United by Spina Bifida" and making cards to send to these beautiful kids and/or their families. If you have arrived here from Deb's blog, you are in the right place, if not, please start from StampTVso you don't miss any of the wonderful and inspirational creations :)
The idea of this hop is to inspire you as well as help us and send cards to the kids.
Here are some of the details for the Card Drive:
- Create a fun, uplifting card or cards for one or all the kids listed below (you can click on their names to read more about each of them). The card can be anything cheery, encouraging, supportive, etc. Please DO NOT send sorry, get well or anything like that. Remember, we want to cheer them up. The kids:
- All cards need to have a message in it for the child/family. Please also sign your name and where you are from. On the card envelope, write the name of the child. Please, don't seal the envelope, as the parents might want to read the cards before the kids see them.
- Cards must be received by October 31st to be eligible for the drawing.
- Mail your card(s) to me along with a piece of paper with your name, address, e-mail address and blog (if you have one). This will help a lot to contact the winner a lot faster!:
Card Drive for Kids
181 Perry Way
Yakima, WA 98901
A complete list of the prizes can be seen and found HERE
I made a Girly card for Rebekah, she loves to be a Princess and this card I think fits her perfectly :)
- Make card from White Cardstock. A2 size.
- Ink all edges. Cut a panel from White CS. (4" x 5.25")
- Die-cut rectangles pieces of Patterned Paper. Adhere them to panel and add stitches. Stamp sentiment in Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
- Adhere panel to card base.
- Stamp crown on White CS in memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Color crown with Copic Markers. Die-cut, emboss and stencil image.
- Mat image with a piece of Fleur de Lis Rectangle piece. Add to card with foam tape.
- Add Clear rhinestones to crown.
- Add Pearls to every corner and a bow to image corner.
- Cover crown with Crystal Lacquer, set aside to dry.
- Cardstock: White, Just Peachy (Gina K. Designs)
- Stamps: Fairy Tales (Gina K. Designs)
- Paper: Butterfly Garden (Pink Paislee)
- Ink: Vintage Photo Distress (Ranger), Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko).
- Embellishments: Pearls, Clear Rhinestones, Ribbon.
- Accessories: Square Nestabilities, Fleur de Lis Square Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Scor-tape, Crystal lacquer, Pop Dots.
Now, hop over to Joy's blog and see what she has created for this especial hop.
I want to thank all the wonderful ladies from CSS for helping me to spread the word about this cause and sending card to these beautiful kids. God bless you all!