Saturday, October 1

The "Card Drive for Kids" is here

Hello my friends! Today I am very excited to start a new "Card Drive for Kids" with Spina Bifida. October is Spina Bifida Awareness Month and I hope you can help with this Card Drive.
If you don't know what Spina Bifida is, please check this site to learn a little bit more.

This Card Drive is a good way to cheer up the kids and their families. The goal is that each kid receive the same amount of cards and I hope they can receive more than 100 cards each!!

The kids for this year are:

Madison: 2 years old.
Logan: 2 years old. (Mr. Logan is turning 3 on October 17th!!)
Tanner: 2 years old. (Mr. Tanner is turning 3 on December 15th!!)
Rebekah: 9 years old.


Details about this Card Drive:
  • This card drive will end October 31.You have the whole month to send your cards.
  • Cards can be anything cheery, encouraging, supportive, etc.  Anyone can send a card. Please DO NOT send sorry, get well or anything like this. Remember, we want to make them happy. Thanks!
  • Cards can be for the child and/or for their family members. 
  • All cards need to have a message in it for the child/family.  Please also sign your name and where you are from.  On the card envelope, write the name of who the card is for.  Please, don't seal the envelope, as the parents might want to read the cards before the kids see them.
  • Please do not include big items with your card. 
  • There is no need to send money with your cards.  However, it is greatly appreciated as it helps with the cost of mailing cards and the prize.
  • You don't need to create new card for this. We cardmakers, have lots of cards already made.
  • Please send a card for each kid ALL at once, so your name will be included in the Big Prize!
  • All cards can be mailed to me at:
Giovana Smith
Card Drive for Kids
181 Perry Way
Yakima, WA 98901

Please: In a piece of paper include your name, address, e-mail address and blog (if you have one). This will help a lot to contact the winner a lot faster!!

Prize!! Awesome companies have donated amazing prizes for you! More than $400.00 in prizes!!

  • Heartfelt Creations: 8 stamping sets + 1 Coordinated Die Set. Value: $150.00!
  • Gina K. Designs: 2 StampTV Kits: Value: $70.00 (Gina will send the prize direct to the winner!)
  • Unity Stamps: 10 Itty Bitty Stamps. Value: $70.00
  • SP & Company: 3 Stamp Set. Value: $40.00
  • Lawn Fawn Stamps: 2 Stamp Set: Value: $30.00
  • Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps: 1 Stamp Set. Value: $11.00
  • Spellbinders: 4 die sets!!  Value : $100.00!
  • Tombow: Markers and adhesives!! This prize will be divide in 2! One extra winner will receive Tombow products!!, Thanks Melissa C!!

This awesome prize can be YOURS!!

Everybody is welcome to participate.

Thanks so much for your support to this Card Drive.
God bless.
Giovana

ETA:  Spellbinders has donated 4 awesome die-sets!! Picture included now :)
ETAA: Tombow is sending a donation too!! Markers and Adhesives!! Picture added!!

Please help me to spread the word and get lots of cards for these awesome kids!!

16 comments:

  1. Giovana, this is such a great idea. We really don't SHOW our love and appreciation enough in my country. Thank you for this. I'm going to try and see if I can send cards and if our postal system has an option to get it there before the end date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately want to send some cards..So nice of u for doing this

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definetly send some cards. This is such an INCREDIBLE and KIND gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a generous and lovely and kind lady you are Giovana! This is a fantastic drive and I will definitely send some cards. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic Drive Giovanna!! I will send some cards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Giovana,
    I will defnitely try and send some cards as well. Do we send all 4 cards in one envelope? This is such a great cause - hope you get a good response!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Giovana

    I am Dewi from Indonesia. I love it.That is a great idea. I will participate, I hopehope thus event going well and smooth. All the best for you, Giovana

    Hugs,
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is an amazing idea! i just wrote in my cards and will put them in the mail tomorrow for those amazing kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is awesome and worth while. I will be sending you some cards soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Giovana, I have posted on my blog about the card drive and added a link back to you hopefully this will help get the word out. I hope you get more cards than you dreamed of. Thanks so much for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Giovana...I will most certainly do what I can to share this with my friends and will also send cards...thank you for sharing YOUR heart for these beautiful children and their families.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Having been born with a spinal birth defect, I know what I went through. I'm now 62, with 2 sons, two grandsons, with another on the way! And I have a beautiful great granddaughter too! I know how difficult life can be for these kids. But they can also be just as lucky as I have been. I'll be working on cards in the next day or two. Thanks Giovana
    Hugs, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic cause, Giovanna! I'm going to see if I can get something done this weekend. What sweet kids, each of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Giovana, my cards went out in the mail today but I think I forgot to put an additional paper in with my name and address etc. There are cards for each of the kids. They all looked so happy and sweet. Their smiles are so heartwarming. Thanks for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My cards went in the mail on Monday. My kids wanted to know why I was making my cards this weekend and I showed them the sweet pics of the children. Thanks for doing this! ((hugs))!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Giovana and friends.I sent out my cards to these sweet children yesterday.Thanks Giovana for the invite to participate.By the way...I really enjoy the music on your blog.Sandra

    ReplyDelete