Thursday, April 21

Ken Oliver Creative Team April Challenge

Hello friends!! How you all are doing well. The Ken Oliver Creative Team was challenged this month to create a project based on the theme "Family" and also we were challenged to used 3 Color Burst, 1 Metallic, Stick It, stamp and/or dies.

So, I decided to do a baby picture frame! I made this for a friend who recently had a baby girl, she is more like family to me. I've been wanting to visit her, but I am recovering now from a horrible cold/cough bug so I will have to wait until I get 100% better to give it to her.

The project was done in about 90 minutes!!

Here are the details:
  • Start with a wooden frame, paint it with white acrylic paint and then add a couple of layers of gesso, here I used clear gesso to keep the deep white color from the acrylic paint.
  • While the frame dries, paint a piece of Water Color Media paper with Liquid Metal Rose and Saffron. Set aside to dry. Apply Stick It to both colors and die-cut the banner in rose and the baby in Saffron. (After it dried I decided to cover the Saffron color with Metallic Rose, that's why the color looks a little bit darker) I die-cut the baby 3x and the banner 2x. Peel the Stick it and adhere them together.
  • Mist 4 pieces of Water Color Media Paper in Fuchsia, Orchid, Yellow Ochre and Merlot and Pthalo Green and Terra Verte. Die-cut flowers and leaves.
  • Spray flowers and leaves to give them more textures and shape them.
  • Add pink buttons around the frame window.
  • Glue flowers together and add them to frame.
  • Add banner and baby die-cuts.
  • Embellish with pearls and twine.



Ken Oliver Products used:
Other products:
Now, it is your turn to play along!! Create a project based on the theme and use as many of the products listed for the challenge and post your creation on Facebook using the hashtag #kenoliveraprilchallenge or email your submissions to sharon@kenolivercrafts.com.

Hope you like my project!
Have a fantastic day!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome project! I love Color Burst. Here is a link to my card https://inkylageney.wordpress.com/2016/04/21/2016-c23-color-burst-butterflies/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. I love the Color Bursts

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete