So, I decided to do a baby picture frame! I made this for a friend who recently had a baby girl, she is more like family to me. I've been wanting to visit her, but I am recovering now from a horrible cold/cough bug so I will have to wait until I get 100% better to give it to her.
The project was done in about 90 minutes!!
Here are the details:
- Start with a wooden frame, paint it with white acrylic paint and then add a couple of layers of gesso, here I used clear gesso to keep the deep white color from the acrylic paint.
- While the frame dries, paint a piece of Water Color Media paper with Liquid Metal Rose and Saffron. Set aside to dry. Apply Stick It to both colors and die-cut the banner in rose and the baby in Saffron. (After it dried I decided to cover the Saffron color with Metallic Rose, that's why the color looks a little bit darker) I die-cut the baby 3x and the banner 2x. Peel the Stick it and adhere them together.
- Mist 4 pieces of Water Color Media Paper in Fuchsia, Orchid, Yellow Ochre and Merlot and Pthalo Green and Terra Verte. Die-cut flowers and leaves.
- Spray flowers and leaves to give them more textures and shape them.
- Add pink buttons around the frame window.
- Glue flowers together and add them to frame.
- Add banner and baby die-cuts.
- Embellish with pearls and twine.
Ken Oliver Products used:
- Color Burst: Pthalo Green, Terra Verte, Fuchsia, Orchid, Yellow Ochre, Merlot.
- Metallics: Saffron, Rose, Amethyts, Yellow Gold
- Water Media Paper.
- Stick It.
- Baby Die : Sugar Pea Designs.
- Banner and leaves die: Crafter's Companion.
- Flower die: Heartfelt Creations
- Picture frame.