Tuesday, October 4

Starting from the Same Place Blog Hop!!


Hello friends!! The day has finally arrived, the Artist Collaboration "Starting from the same place" Blog Hop is here. First I want to say Thank you Tina for the wonderful idea and organizing this Artist Collaboration, this has been a project in the making since July, so today you are going to enjoy projects from artists not only from the USA, but only from around the world!!
I have seen little peeks of the projects and they are amazing!

So, everybody started with the same package of products and the only rule was to use everything that was given. You could add other products if you need it.
The picture below is the starting package.


So, now let's share a bit about my project. At first I didn't know what to do, well I knew I wanted to work on a canvas, so I had a little chat with my crafty sister Lee Ann and she said, make something with flowers and then the idea was born!
I started adding a good coat of gesso to my 16" x 20" canvas, after dried I used modeling paste and the cute stencil and added in the center and opposite corners, after it got dried I painted some areas with light blue and silver acrylic paint.To give it an extra wow factor I added drops of Platinum and Metallic Rose Color Burst (I wish my pictures could show the shimmer goodness)
I made the flowers from the fabric I got in the package, the green fabric was for leaves only, I painted the gears in copper paint



I added on top and bottom right corners 1/4" Blue and White Masking Tape, I also added 1/8" Gold Metallic Tape from Rainbow Tape


This is the final piece, I think it looks much better in person!



You can check out all the fabulous creations in the link below:

Hope you like my canvas, I would love to hear from you.
Have a fantastic day!!



13 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, as always! What a fun project. I love what you came up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out really pretty! Love the drippy inks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours is a CAS-canvas :D, so clean and sweet, but also bright and colourful! Great use of the fabric for the handmade flowers! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used all the pieces and your choice of colours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So delicate and gorgeous! And green fabric for the leaves! Duh, I didn't even think of that! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy Giovana! Love the drippy parts and the girly flower. it's so YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your soft color palette. Thanks so much for incorporating my stencil design into your canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty 😍 I am glad we got to create together in this collab!

    ReplyDelete