WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER “GIVING THANKS” BLOG HOP!
Hi everyone! Thanks for playing along in our October blog hop! EXCITING NEWS! The Blog Hop with Sean & Regina will now be featuring Gina K. Designs stamps only for our monthly blog hops starting this month! Most everyone we know are busy getting ready for the Halloween fun coming up on the 31st. We spooked it up for you in our last hop, so this month we want to celebrate November by “Giving Thanks” to all of our followers. To some “giving thanks” is the traditional Thanksgiving holiday, but to others to “give thanks” is to show appreciation to all those great family and friends in our lives. So, our hop this month is to show you how different we all give thanks.
The blog hop designers have been busy creating a card or cards that we hope will inspire you to create your fall themed “thanks” cards whether it be Thanksgiving, Give Thanks, Happy Harvest or a simple Thank You.
OUR BLOG HOP SPONSOR!
Becky Oehlers is a member of the Gina K. Designs Illustrator Team! Becky’s style is really fun, crisp and clean. They are used to make wonderful cards with just the right message or can be used to add some fun to your scrapbooking pages. In addition, Becky is one of the best card designers and artists in the craft world. Go to Becky’s blog to look at the great things she has been up to AND view the card samples she has created with her newest stamp set “Mistletoe Memories” that was released yesterday during the Stamp TV October Release Party.
I have 2 cards for you today!!
Happiness is: This is a very Clean and Simple card, easy to mass produce if you would like to send cards to your family and friends.
- Make card base from Sweet Corn Cardstock.
- Mat a piece of Chocolate and Ivory Cardstock.
- Stamp sentiment in Vintage Photo Distress. Cut strips from Sun-kissed Autumn Patterned Paper (0.5") and adhere them to panel.
- Stamp leaves on White Cardstock in Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, cut them out and ink edges with Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint Distress Ink.
- Adhere leaves to card. Make a bow from raffia and adhere it to panel.
- Adhere panel to card base.
- Cardstock: Sweet Corn, Chocolate, Ivory (GKD)
- Patterned Paper: Sun-kissed Autumn (GKD)
- Stamps: Fall Foliage (GKD)
- Ink: Vintage Photo, Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, Peeled Paint (Ranger)
- Accessories: Raffia (Martha Stewart)
Thankful for you: I love this "Duo set", the image is so much fun to color.
- Make card base from Kraft Cardstock.
- Cut a panel from Ivory Cardstock. Distress all edges and stitches.
- Score few lines at the bottom part and stamp sentiment. Adhere panel to card base.
- Stamp image on White Cardstock and color it with Markers. Die-cut, score and stencil it with Oval Nestabilities.
- Die-cut and stencil a piece of Cherry Red Cardstock using Floral oval Nestabilities. Mat both pieces and adhere it to card.
- I had an extra leaf and added it to the bottom corner. ;)
- Cardstock: Kraft, Ivory, White, Cherry Red (GKD)
- Stamp: Thankful for you "Duo" (GKD)
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Archival Black (Ranger), Copic Markers.
- Embellishments: Star Dust Stickles (Ranger)
- Accessories: Oval Nestabilities, Floral Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Pop dots, Scor-buddy, Scor-tape, Sewing machine, Paper distresser (CTMH)
All the items in bold can be found at Gina K. Designs Store
LET'S GET HOPPING.....
Now it is your turn to blog hop with all of our friends!
The rules are simple:
- Visit each participating blog on the list below.
- Leave a comment for the blog host designer.
- Become a follower of each participating blog.
If you follow rules 1 – 3, you will be eligible to win the grand prize of a Becky Oehlers stamp set for Gina K. Designs.
At the end of the hop, a random winner will be chosen for the Blog Hop Grand Prize using comments and followers from each blog. We have decided to keep the hop open from Friday – Monday. We do this because some people that want to participate need more time to get through the entire hop.
The deadline for leaving comments is Monday, October 22, 2012 at 8pm CST. The winner will be chosen and announced on Tuesday, October 23, 2012.
Please leave a comment for the blog hop design and sign up/follow each hop designer to be eligible to win the grand prize stamp set!
Thank you for visiting my blog. Now, go to Cat’s blog. and enjoy her creations!!