This time our hop is an Inspiration Challenge. Carolina provided us this wonderful picture from Better Homes and Gardens and get inspired by the colors, the shapes, the prints, etc.
I got inspired by the Christmas theme and the colors White and Red. I created 2 projects for you, they are quite simple yet elegant.
Christmas Cardinal Card
- Die-cut a couple of pieces of Ivory CS using the biggest die from Label 8 Nestabilities. Score back piece about 1", add tape to create card.
- Stamp Cardinal image on Watercolor Paper in Stazon Black Ink. Color image with Inktense Pencils.
- Die-cut, emboss and stencil image with Label 8 Nestabilities. Add Star dust Stickles and Ruby Red Liquid Pearls. Set aside to dry.
- Stamp sentiment in Vintage Photo Distress. Adhere piece to card with pop dots.
- Create a frame from Ivory CS using Fleur de Lis Motifs biggest die and Circle Nestabilities.
- Adhere frame to card with small pop dots.
- Create a bow with bow-easy and adhere it to card with glue dots.
- Cardstock: Ivory (Gina K. Designs), Watercolor paper (LSS)
- Stamps: Winter Wings, Fanciful Tags (Gina K. Designs)
- Ink: Black Stazon (Tsukineko), Vintage Photo Distress (Ranger), Inktense Pencils (Derwent)
- Embellishments: Red Ribbon, Star Dust Stickles, Ruby Red Liquid pearls (Ranger).
- Accessories: Label 8 Nestabilities, Circle Nestabilities, Fleur de Lis Motis Shapeabilities (Spellbinders), Pop dots, glue dots, Sponges.
Poinsettia Ornament Christmas Card
- Die-cut and emboss a couple of pieces of White CS using Scallop Circle Nestabilities. Score 1 piece about 1" from top, adhere it to the other piece to create cards.
- Die-cut, emboss and stencil a Circle piece from White CS. Stamp sentiment. Create a loop with Red ribbon and adhere it to back of this piece. Adhere piece to card base with foam tape.
- Stamp poinsettia flower on White CS, color them with Copic Markers. Cut piece out and adhere it to card with foam tape.
- Add Gold Gala Glitz to each center flower and Crystal Lacquer.
- Adhere image to card with Pop dots.
- Cardstock: White (Gina K. Designs)
- Stamps: Poinsettia from "Holiday Basket" and sentiment from "My True Love Gave to me"
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Old Paper Distress (Ranger)
- Embellishments: Red Ribbon (GKD), Gold Gala Glitz (Art Glitter).
- Accessories: Scallop Circle Dies, Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Pop dots, Crystal Lacquer, Scor-tape, Sponges.
Now, hop over to Joy's blog and see what she has created for us!
Make sure to leave a comment as you hop along because on Tuesday morning (November 22), we will randomly choose one of the comments from all the blogs who will get a stamp set of their choice valued up to $24.95
Have fun hopping!!
Have a great day/night!