Thursday, January 22

Love and frustration

Hello friends! How are you today?! Hope your Thursday is a great one. Today I have a super cool project for you, didn't start as cool as you think. Last week, I had a couple of very stressful days, yes sometimes things get out of control (not with my family) and I was very sad and disappointed by the situations, people sometimes make too many excuses to justify laziness. So, I decided to make something, at this point didn't know what, yes, that happens sometimes, it took me 3 1/2 days to finish this canvas and I was very pleased with the result. I call this canvas "Love and Frustration"

I had on my desk new stencils from Latina Crafter I wanted/needed to use, I looked at them and the magic began ;)
Get them all for only $20.00

For this canvas I used 4 of the 5 stencils. I started priming my canvas with a lot of gesso. After that I applied pieces of patterned paper, you can see the small script background. Then, I used the stencils and embossing paste, here I used white and copper. With the white embossing paste I added glitter and heat embossed. I stamped few hearts, then I used a variety of Twinkling H2O paints for all the paint drips. I added more gesso in areas that got too much paint.
I drew the hearts and painted them with acrylic paint, then used the flower/dot stencil and added only the dots. Stamped a sentiment and added it to the canvas.
Finally, I added the flower, ribbon, buttons and key to embellish the canvas.

Below I have pictures of the different corners.

Dots and little hearts

 Little hearts

Big floating hearts

Floating hearts

Here it is the canvas, I think this is not the best picture, but I love the result!!

Submitting this project to:

Hope you like it!
Have a fantastic day!

***Don't forget to enter my blogaversary giveaway HERE***

13 comments:

  1. Wow this is just gorgeously bright and fun. Loving the key and buttons.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can tell how much passion and heart went into making this gorgeous piece. LOVE it! All of the dripping paint and the glitter.... it's absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project! Love all the colors and the elements you added. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I love it. I pinned. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765606565510/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giovana, your creation is so beautiful! I love all the texture you achieved on the piece! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors, textures and your design sense is always impeccable! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, this is gorgeous, great job! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely lovely canvas, Giovana! I hope this week is a better one:-))
    Thanks for joining in the challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Fantastic colors, texture and overall design.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is such a neat project. I love the hearts that are all strung together on the sides and especially the colors that you used. Thank you for sharing it with all of us on the Craft Hoarders challenge this month and hope to see you next month too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful canvas..Thanks for joining us on the Craft Hoarders Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You achieved the most amazing texture and color. This is wonderful. Thanks for playing along in the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge!

    ReplyDelete