The Design Team for Gina K. Designs welcomes you to a fun Take Flight blog hop. For this hop we will showcase the Petals & Wings StampTV Kit with the central theme being "Take Flight". The DT Members have all used a wide variety of Gina K. Designs stamp in this set to inspire you to get inky too! Come play along with the Current Challenges at Stamp TV!!!
If you came from Emily's blog, then you're right where you should be. If not, please go to Stamp TV where you will find a list of all those participating.
Here are the cards I created for today's hop, I just couldn't make only 1 :)
- Make card base using Circle Dies in White Cardstock.
- Die-cut and emboss a piece of Innocent Pink Cardstock using Scallop Circles Dies.
- Die-cut and emboss a piece of Patterned Paper "Petals & Wings Collection" using Circle Nestabilities Dies. TIP: The embossing line helps a lot if you decide to add stitches :)
- Add a stripe piece of Patterned Paper onto your Circle piece, add zig-zag stitches. Adhere this panel to card base.
- Stamp sentiment in Black Soot Distress Ink. Add twine and make a bow.
- Stamp image on a piece of White Cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black. Color image with Copic Markers and cut it out.
- Adhere image to circle piece with pop dots.
- Cover birds with Star Dust Stickles, let them dry and then add Crystal Lacquer on top. Set to dry.
- Add pearls.
Thanks for being there. I usually don't create whimsical cards, I pretty much like to create things very close to real one, but with this card I decided to play with colors and textures. I really like this :)
- Make card base from Ocean Mist cardstock. 5" square.
- Cut a panel from Lemon Drop Cardstock: 4.25" square. Mat this with a piece of Patterned Paper "Petals & Wings Collection" : 4" square, add zig-zag stitches. Add a piece of Textured Pink Scalloped Cardstock, add zig-zag stitches.
- Stamp images on White Cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black, color them with Copic markers and cut them out.
- Stamp banner from "Perfect Pennants Set" on White Cardstock in Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and sentiment in Black Soot Distress Ink. Cut it out. Adhere it to card.
- Die-cut clouds, ink all edges and adhere them to card with pop dots.
- Adhere image to card. Add birds with Pop dots.
- Cover clouds and heart from image with Crystal Lacquer. Cover small die-cut clouds with Star Dust Stickles.
- Add Stickles to birds as well.
- Add Liquid pearls to Scallop border.
All the items in bold can be found at Gina K. Designs Store
Hope you like my creations :)
Now hop on over to Lee's blog for more Gina K. goodness!!!
Have a great day.Thanks for stopping by!