Friday, July 31

Paper Pieced Something

Hello my friends, it is finally Friday!! I don't know if I should be happy or not , LOL. DH and I have a lot of yard work to do, I've already done some of the work, but still a lot to be done. DH has 5 days off , oh my!! Today our challenge at Stamp Something Blog is Paper Piecing!! I love to paper pieced, just cutting and not coloring.
For my card I used one of the new releases sets from smARTworks, this set is called "Dance" and has beautiful stamps. I stamped the cute little girl in a piece of White Card stock using Real Red Ink, I also stamped the image "twice" in SU Bella Rose DP. I cut out the whole dress from one of the DP and then from the other one I cut only from the roses down. I glued the first dress on the girl and then I glued the roses part and added some Dimensionals on the bottom, that creates a really cool 3D effect. The sentiment was stamped in Real Red as well. I used Burgundy and Red Craft for sponging. I applied some Glitter on the dress.
Card Recipe:
Card Stock: Pink Pirouette, Real Red, White.
Paper: SU Bella Rose DP.
Stamps: Dance (smARTworks)
Ink: Real Red, Burgundy, Red.
Embellishments: White Satin Ribbon, Clear Rhinestones (Kaiser Crafts)
Accessories: Sponges, Corner punch, Mini glue dots, SU Dimensionals. Sewing machine, thread.

I hope you like it and play along the challenge with us. Head over to Stamp Something and check out the DT creations!!
Have a great day!!

6 comments:

  1. How precious! And I think the dimensional paper piercing is an amazing idea. Wonderful card.... Monochromatic is one of my favorite card styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty love the color and the adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, very cute image, haven't seen that one before. Love the red is really pops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the reds, Giovana! I love the vintage look of the stamp! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute, cute card! love the monochormatic look and feel. great work.

    ReplyDelete